Try this project after a hearty, eggy breakfast when you’re left with a pile of eggshells. It’s an affordable and fun idea to get your tots into gardening.
You will need:
- Empty egg shells
- Cacti/succulent soil mix
- Small cacti or succulents (4–8cm)
- Rinse and dry egg shells. Pierce a small hole at the bottom of each to allow for drainage.
- Fill with soil mix and then carefully plant the succulents in the shells.
- Keep on a windowsill in egg boxes and plant in a bigger pot once succulents have grown.
Succulents and cacti are perfect starter gardening plants for kids. Here’s why:
- They’re low maintenance and are happy in a spot that receives plenty of sun.
- They’re water-wise and need to be watered sparingly.
- They’re available in a variety of shapes, textures and colours, so kids can pick their favourites.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE: