DescriptionSpring bulbs are one of the easiest plants to grow, and so rewarding. Read our comprehensive guide to growing spring-flowering bulbs, or follow these simple instructions:
- Choose a sunny area of the garden.
- Well-draining soil is essential, so dig in plenty of compost and rake the soil evenly before planting.
- Small bulbs about 5cm deep, and spaced 5cm apart.
- Keep soil moist at root level. Soak your soil down to a depth of 15cm every 4-5 days, and mulch with compost or bark chips to help conserve moisture.
- Feed bulbs with bulb food once every two weeks for maximum flowering and foliage.