Statement of Privacy
This document was last updated September 29, 2008.
At Stodels Nurseries (Pty) LTD, we are committed to protecting your privacy and to developing technology that gives you the most powerful and secure online experience. You can travel through most of our site without giving us any information about yourself. But sometimes we do need information to provide services that you request, and this statement of privacy explains data collection and use in those situations. Please read the complete Stodels.com privacy statement. By using Stodels.com, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collecting your Personal Information
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you are asked to register before entering a contest, ordering e-mail newsletters, joining a limited-access premium site, or when purchasing and registering Stodels Nurseries (Pty) LTD products. Personal information collected by Stodels.com often is limited to e-mail address, language, country or location, but may include other information when needed to provide a service you requested.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information for four primary purposes:
- To make the site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once.
- To help you quickly find services or information on stodels.com.
- To help us create and deliver content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from Stodels Nurseries (Pty) LTD.
- Information collected on stodels.com may be shared within Stodels Nurseries (Pty) LTD, including its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates. Additionally, we occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- Stodels Nurseries (Pty) LTD will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Stodels Nurseries (Pty) LTD or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Stodels Nurseries (Pty) LTD and its family of Web sites, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Stodels Nurseries (Pty) LTD, its Web sites, or the public.
Control of your Personal Information
When you register, or otherwise give us personal information, stodels.com will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed. It will only be used for the purposes stated above.
stodels.com occasionally allows other companies to offer our registered customers information about their products and services, using postal mail or emails or SMS. If you do not want to receive these offers, you should Contact us at
stodels.com may send out periodic e-mails informing you of service issues related to a product or service you requested. You will not be able to choose to unsubscribe to these mailings, as they are considered an essential part of the service you have chosen.
Security of your Personal Information
stodels.com strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Your information may be stored and processed in the South Africa or any other country where Stodels Nurseries (Pty) LTD, its subsidiaries, affiliates or agents are located, and by using stodels.com, you consent to any such transfer outside of your country.
To ensure we are publishing content customers need and want, stodels.com collects aggregated site-visitation statistics using cookies. We do not track individuals' use of the site.
When someone visits the site, a cookie is placed on the customer’s machine (if the customer accepts cookies) or is read if the customer has visited the site previously.
Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology, or action tags, assist in delivering the cookie. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on a microsoft.com Web page. We do not use this technology to access your personally identifiable information on stodels.com; it is a tool we use to compile aggregated statistics about stodels.com Web site usage. We do not share tracking information outside of Stodels Nurseries (Pty) LTD, and do not allow other companies to place clear gifs on our sites.
If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from the stodels.com Web site, you will be able to view the text on the screens, however you will not experience a personalized visit nor will you be able to subscribe to the service offerings on the site.
Changes to this Statement
Stodels.com will occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the "last updated" date at the top of the privacy statement. For material changes to this Statement, Stodels.com will notify you by placing prominent notice on the Web site.
Stodels Nurseries (Pty) LTD welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy, please contact us by e-mail, or postal mail.